Sunday, August 21, 2011

To be Healed... of Love!!

Someone rightly said "Hurt me with the Truth, but never comfort me with your lies".
I looked back and I couldn't tell for sure which were true and which were not.
It doesn't matter anymore because both your lies and your truth hurt just the same.
I first stopped searching for answers, and then I stopped asking the questions.

I will wait for the day I would wake up to a forgotten past and distanced memories.
I will forget that it was not me you loved but a mere fragment of your imagination.
I will forget that my love, my lust and everything in between was but a handicap for you.
I will forget the feel of regret or hate in your eyes or the stifled stinging tears in mine.

Someday I will forget everything you told me - the lies and the truth - all of it.
Someday I will breathe well and not feel the ache inside each struggling heart beat.
Someday I will wake up again to the simple truth of life, full of passion called love.
Someday I will wake up and find myself worthy to be healed, of this pain also called love.

- NOT another 'simple southy'.... Just call me a Madrasi...

Keep the Cheer!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was painstakingly beautiful!

sulekkha said...

Hope that you heal soon and wake up happy and full of optimism for a brighter future.
Love is beautiful but the people we love are not worth it sometimes :)

Dagney Wants It All said...

We gotta talk!

Dagney Wants It All said...

I love that first sentence and this post. And I must have loved it a few years ago cuz I see I left a comment back then. Thinking of you today.